Educational Technology Certificate
General Requirements for a Certificate
- Submission of a FGCU Post-Baccalaureate Non-Degree Application to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- A grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 or higher on a 4.0 scale for the last 60 semester hours attempted accruing to the undergraduate degree.
- Graduation from a baccalaureate level program or a graduate degree from a regionally accredited college or university documented by official transcripts.
- Minimum score of 550 on TOEFL or 6.5 or IELTS for international students who speak English as a second language.
Program Specific Information
Required Courses (12 hrs):
- EME 5053 Introduction to Educational Technology (3)
- EME 6405 Integrating Tech-Instruction (3)
- EME 6207 Web Design & Development (3)
- EME 6209 Still & Time Based Media in Education (3)
Electives (Choose two of the following) (6 hrs):
- EDF 6461 Introduction to Program Evaluation (3)
- EDF 6486 Inquiry Skills & Assessment Methods (3)
- EDF 6481 Foundations of Educational Research (3)
- EME 6417 Teaching in Virtual Settings (3)
- EME 6465 Interactive Learning Environments (3)
- EME 6235 Manage Educational Technology Projects (3)
- EME 6607 Analysis & Evaluation of Instructional Technology (3)
- EME 6936 Current Trends in Educational Technology (3)
- EME 6940 Practicum for Ed Tech Prof (3)
TOTAL SEMESTER HOURS REQUIRED: 18 HRS
Additional Graduation Requirements
- Students must satisfactorily complete the minimum number of credit hours specified by the certificate program.
- A grade of B or higher must be earned in all College of Education graduate courses used as prerequisites and each core course.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 for all coursework in the program.