skip navigation

Florida Gulf Coast University

Website Directory  

College of Education



Undergraduate Advising

Phone: (239) 590-7778

The COE offers advising to students who are preparing to enter the college’s programs, who have been admitted to its programs, or who are seeking advice concerning certification and recertification requirements that can be satisfied by enrolling in COE courses. Please contact advising staff at (239) 590-7778 for information concerning pre-admission, admission, degree programs, graduation, and certification. Once enrolled, students seek faculty advice and mentoring throughout their undergraduate study.

Graduate Advising

Phone: (239) 590-7797

Degree-seeking students in master’s level graduate programs are advised by program faculty. Students are assigned advisors in each program upon admission. Once admitted, students are oriented by faculty in their individual programs. Students typically complete a plan of study with an advisor or committee during the first semester of enrollment after admission to the degree program. Once completed, these plans of study are submitted for approval. 

Post Master’s Advising

Our Doctorate degree (Ed.D.) program admits students as a cohort every other year (in even years). Those wishing to be admitted are advised to submit their application and all accompanying paperwork early, as the deadlines are different than the other programs and include an interview with the Post masters Admission and Policy Committee (PMAPC).  For more information on admissions, please consult the Doctoral program webpage ( To seek out further information on the Doctoral degree progam, email the contact for that program at

Non Degree-Seeking Status

A student with an earned baccalaureate degree may  enroll in COE classes on a non-degree-seeking basis. The most common occurrence is when students wish to begin taking classes prior to completing all necessary paperwork (have not taken the GRE or MAT, for example). Students who wish to do this are advised to consult the instructions found on the Post Bac page in graduate studies(

Students in this category may take courses in any college at the graduate level on a space-available basis providing course and program restrictions are met. The COE has set the limit of three courses or twelve (12) hours on coursework that can be earned in non-degree-seeking status and applied to a graduate degree. In some cases (as with our TIP Certification program) the number of hours carried forward may be increased. This should be done in writing you’re the graduate program advisor.